|about graphic controls|
|working at graphic controls|
|internships at graphic controls|
|send us an email|
Graphic Controls is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Electrician for 2nd shift. A position at Graphic Controls offers many growth and promotion opportunities, while providing job stability with an average length of service of over 15 years.
The Maintenance Electrician will support the Manufacturing, Engineering, and Maintenance departments in all aspects of electrical and electronic power and control devices.
Essential Job Functions include:
1. Troubleshoot and install upgrades to existing equipment for the purpose of safety, productivity improvements, reliability and ease of operation.
2. Plan, direct, and assume responsibility for assigned projects with an emphasis on timeliness and cost.
3. Support the development of Engineering project proposals and capital projects.
4. Design, assemble, and program electrical/electronic controls and systems both for manufacturing and building equipment.
5. Install, debug, maintain, and repair electrical/electronic/PLC controlled systems.
6. Perform general maintenance tasks, including both electrical and mechanical, on all manufacturing equipment as assigned including Printing/Converting equipment, Pre-Press equipment, injection molding equipment, etc.
7. Operate equipment for measuring, electrical, mechanical or physical properties.
8. Diagnose and troubleshoot equipment or building systems using various test equipment.
9. Communicate with Electrical/electronic suppliers and instrument vendors, selecting the most cost-effective and service-friendly vendors based on the appropriate information.
10. Initiate and manage cost and scrap reduction/productivity improvement programs.
11. Communicate equipment/tooling and instrumentation purchase needs to purchasing agents/Management, making recommendations as appropriate.
12. Establish and maintain control methods and reporting for Manufacturing.
13. Communicate effectively and work with employees of other departments in the completion of tasks when needed.
14. Recommend short and long-term building/equipment electrical projects, upgrades, solutions, etc. to Management as appropriate based observations.
15. Utilize CMMS as required in the completion of tasks.
16. Troubleshoot Air Logic and SOL.
17. Other duties as assigned.
- GED or High School diploma.
- Minimum 3 years electrician experience with a focus in manufacturing.
- Experience in residential/construction electrical work also sought.
- Must have completed training in electrical/mechanical maintenance skill sets.
We offer great benefits including medical, dental, 401K, education assistance, and more!