|about graphic controls|
|working at graphic controls|
|internships at graphic controls|
|send us an email|
The Programmer/Analyst will be responsible for supporting the development, modification, testing, implementation, and maintenance of complex information systems in order to support business operations through programming and coding tasks.
Essential Job Functions Include:
1. Provide technical support in the form of coding, designing, implementing, and debugging programs.
2. Review and test all coding and programming, making modifications where necessary.
3. Maintain historical technical records by documenting program architecture, development and revisions.
4. Write specific application programs utilizing various programming languages.
5. Ensure users, internal and external, are provided professional, courteous, and timely support and service.
6. Maintain user and organization confidence and protect operations by ensuring systems and data integrity and keeping information confidential.
7. Maintain professional and technical knowledge in order to maintain job effectiveness for business operations.
8. Participate in all aspects of program implementations including training to support the new or improved program or systems.
9. Provide support and maintenance for existing code base by isolating/identifying issues and quickly remediating in order to minimize disruption of system availability to business operations.
10. Provide input and support to other IT personnel.
11. Participate in the design of new systems and programs including the review of specification, user sign-off process, and the development of user manuals.
12. Assist in developing user oriented solutions that interface with existing applications by working with the necessary department/function managers.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must have a B.S. in a Computer Science related field with 3 years experience, or an AS degree with 7 years experience. COBOL knowledge is critical; Knowledge of SQL Server 2005/2008 is a plus; Ability to effectively communicate with users regarding information systems uses and functions; Progressive thinker and self-starter